What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
The people who work in the Flagship ecosystem are bright and bold, passionate, dynamic, and driven. We are creative optimists. We collaborate, iterate, tolerate failure, and celebrate successful solutions to big problems. We encourage diversity and debate because we value the freedom to explore unconventional ideas in order to cultivate revolutionary breakthroughs in science and business
We are seeking enthusiastic Research Associates to join our passionate team of scientists. The candidates will work closely with scientists to advance multiple aspects of our R&D programs at Flagship. Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. The candidate will be dedicated to develop and grow outside their comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Collaborate with a team of scientists and research associates to design and execute well-controlled experiments including mammalian cell culture experiments
- Analyze data promptly on multi-disciplinary teams and communicate results (i.e., presentations, writing reports)
- Maintain a detailed and up-to-date electronic laboratory notebook
- Maintain detailed organization systems for samples and reagents from complex experimental pipelines
Key Skills and Experiences:
- BS or MS degree in biology, molecular or cell biology, immunology, genetics or related field
- For RA positions minimum BS and one year relevant experience OR MS with 1-3 years of relevant experience, for SRA minimum 3+ years of experience
- Hands on experience in mammalian cell culture, including primary cells, cell line development, flow cytometry, and/or molecular biology
- Experience or interest in a variety of techniques: cell-based assays, microscopy, mRNA expression analysis, western blotting, gene therapy or editing are often preferred
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.