What if... We could harness the power of Flagship’s scientific platforms and create novel treatment options that benefit more patients, sooner?Pioneering Medicines, a division of Flagship Pioneering, is building a world-class biopharmaceutical R&D capability focused on conceiving and developing life-changing treatments for patients by harnessing the power of Flagship's scientific platforms and applying those innovative approaches to serious diseases with unmet medical need. Unique to Pioneering Medicines’ approach is the opportunity to combine platforms to create truly novel and potentially transformative treatments.
About Flagship Pioneering:
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Preclinical Operations, this position serves as a member of the Strategy and Operations team and will work collaboratively with the research group and other functions in Pioneering Medicines (PM), as well as with other Flagship Pioneering companies (FSP). This individual will oversee day to day laboratory operations within Pioneering Medicines. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with discovery/preclinical laboratory activities, operations, safety regulations and quality standards. This individual serves as a critical interface for laboratory support functions and scientists.
- Contributing and collaborating with a team of scientists and managers by managing day-to-day operations of a first-class laboratory.
- Helping to build our laboratory efforts by streamlining processes and set-up systems that keep a fast-growing company operating efficiently.
- Coordinating logistics for supplies and specimen movement. Work with team to prepare samples for testing in the laboratory, including unpacking, and organizing.
- Coordinate needed correspondence and paperwork for internal and external studies.
- Manage inventory of laboratory supplies; placing and expediting orders for and verifying receipt of supplies
- Be the first point of contact for operation and maintenance of all laboratory equipment. Oversee the management of lab equipment, including service contracts, preventative maintenance.
- Manage third party providers; lab coat inventory, maintenance of safety showers/eyewash stations, hazardous waste tracking and removal.
- Ensuring deliveries inside and out of labs; including liquid nitrogen, CO2 deliveries, and biohazard waste removal, sharps removal, satellite waste removal.
- Becoming a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast-paced, startup environment.
- Values, communicates, and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team, in a busy, fast paced environment
- Solutions oriented and ability to think on their feet
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Efficient, able to juggle competing priorities
- Working knowledge of life science laboratory equipment
- Working knowledge of lab procedures, quality standards, operations, safety regulations
- Previous experience in operations and/or business management at a drug discovery company
- Microsoft Office suite competent
- Good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Experience working independently, but within a collaborative team-centric environment.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, while employing tact, patience, diplomacy and a collaborative spirit.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.