Laronde is a biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Laronde has established a powerful technology allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas (https://www.laronde.bio).
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
We are looking for an experienced Research Associate who brings enthusiasm, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate new eRNA medicines for patients.
- Design constructs to express antibodies and other therapeutic modalities in mammalian cells.
- Develop assays to examine the expression, function, and localization of proteins expressed from our eRNA platform.
- Perform library selections to optimize the affinity and expression of therapeutic leads.
- Purify proteins using affinity and size exclusion chromatography.
- Perform biophysical characterization of purified protein (e.g. SPR).
- Critical data analysis skills, attention to details and troubleshooting abilities.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated research team to facilitate the success of projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and documentation practices.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in biochemistry, molecular, and cellular biology, or related discipline
- 1+ years of experience with Master’s degree or Bachelor’s and 2+ years of experience