Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first redosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
The Research Associate, Viral Genomics will primarily be responsible for conducting next-generation sequencing experiments for the Viral Genomics and Discovery team. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform.
- DNA/RNA isolation, qPCR, and common cell and molecular biology techniques
- Extractions and preparations of DNA/RNA libraries for Next Generation Sequencing
- Production of DNA plasmids, including Gibson and Golden Gate assembly
- Operation of an automated liquid handler robot
- Design, execution, and troubleshooting of experiments as well as data analysis
- M.S. or B.S. in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Genetics, or related field with 2+ years of research experience.
- Experience with DNA and RNA extractions from diverse cells/samples for qPCR, PCR and NGS
- Deep experience in Illumina and Nanopore sequencing protocols and preparations
- Experience with diverse molecular and cell biology techniques
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Eager to work with highly-skilled and dynamic teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing technologies (Illumina platforms, Oxford Nanopore or PacBio), sequencing protocols and preparations
- Experience with computational and bioinformatic analysis tools, such as Geneious, BLAST, Bowtie, etc.