Laronde is a biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality endless RNA (eRNA) platform. Laronde has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of a naturally occurring form of RNA allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Learn more about our platform at eRNA Science | Laronde .
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is seeking a creative, motivated Principal Scientist to join the Analytical Development team supporting our eRNA platform. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking, collaborating, and working independently on various aspects of the platform.
- Provide strategic leadership and technical expertise for the structural characterization of eRNAs and lipid nanoparticle (LNP) complexes
- Work cross-functionally to lead, plan and execute complex characterization studies; serve as the analytical lead in cross-functional interactions
- Develop and implement methods intended for a variety of purposes, including release and stability testing, product characterization, high throughput analysis, and characterization of complex raw materials
- Serve as analytical lead for CMC project teams
- Oversee troubleshooting, tech transfer, and phase-appropriate validation of analytical methods at contract testing labs
- Review, interpret, and present data within the analytical team and cross-functionally
- Author and review technical reports and regulatory submissions
- Train and mentor junior team members
- PhD in biology, chemistry, virology, biochemistry, or related field with 7+ years of experience or BS/MS with additional experience in a relevant biotech/pharma setting
- Broad expertise with biophysical characterization of nucleic acids and lipid nanoparticles
- Deep knowledge of analytical method development activities and regulatory expectations
- Experience with method development of chromatography, electrophoresis, and/or spectroscopy assays highly desirable
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills; proficiency in good documentation practices and data analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to achieve in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Experience developing therapeutics-focused technology platforms a strong plus
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.