Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Our modular Endless RNA™ (eRNA) platform, will be supported by a large-scale digital and manufacturing infrastructure with the bold vision of 100 new medicines within the next decade. With eRNA, we’re making new therapeutics that will become essential medicines of the future to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Check out www.laronde.bio for more information on our vision.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is seeking an outstanding Senior/Principal Scientist, Molecular Biology to join a multidisciplinary team of experimental and computational synthetic biologists and engineers responsible for study, design and optimization of novel endless RNA (eRNA) therapeutics. The ideal candidate will lead transcriptomic and translatomic characterization of eRNA inside a variety of mammalian cell types in a high-throughput manner through applying the world-class molecular biology tools coupled with next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies to support the selection, design and optimization of eRNA sequences and eRNA formulations. If you are a passionate and purposeful scientist keen on testing your hypotheses and learning from some of the best synthetic biologists and engineers whilst getting to work with complex multidimensional data sets, then we are looking for you.
- Develop and apply NGS-based methodologies to analyze eRNA and protein expression levels in a variety of contexts including single mammalian cells to understand the eRNA sequence-function relationships
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of experimental and computational biologists to design experiments, analyze data, interpret and present your results at company meetings and strategic program readouts
- Work with automated liquid handlers for high throughput NGS library preparation
- Carefully document experiments in an electronic lab notebook and communicate results to collaborators
- Work effectively with High-throughput Pharmacology, Chemistry, Therapeutic areas, Discovery Biology, and Manufacturing teams to drive discovery and development efforts
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and attending conferences
- Work closely within an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary, and fast-paced environment and willingness to change the status quo
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genomics or a related field with 5+ or 12+ years of post-doctoral experience in academia or industry for Senior and Principal Scientist, respectively
- Expertise in RNA biochemistry and understanding of mechanisms of RNA translation initiation and elongation
- Expertise in NGS library preparation, bulk and single-cell RNA sequencing, Ribo-seq, ARTSeq, TRAP-seq or eCLIP
- Experience with bulk and single-cell proteomics or protein mass spectrometry is a plus
- Experience culturing mammalian cell lines and primary cells
- Drug discovery experience in the field of RNA Therapeutics within industry or academy is preferred
- Peer-reviewed publications that can showcase your skills
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Excellent communication, scientific writing, and presentation skills