Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-dosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring Therapeutics is seeking an Engineer II to join the Downstream Process Development team to help design and execute robust, scalable downstream processes for a novel viral vector platform. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, inquisitive, and will understand the fundamentals of various downstream unit operations ranging from chromatography to filtration. The candidate will be responsible for design and execution of various downstream experiments and analyzing/presenting data to the broader technical operations team as required.
- Design and execute chromatography and filtration experiments
- Manage multiple development objectives and prioritize experiments accordingly
- Collaborate with external stakeholders including vendors to evaluate new technologies relevant to advancing the downstream platform
- Maintain electronic lab notebooks, and communicate results to the scientific team
- Work independently and collaborate with scientific colleagues in support of team goals as required
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in chemical engineering, bioengineering, biochemistry, or related or a closely related field
- 2 years (BS) or 0 years (MS) of downstream process development experience in an academic or industry setting, ideally working with viral vectors (AAV, lentivirus, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in downstream techniques such as depth filtration, tangential flow filtration (TFF) and various chromatography modes (Affinity, IEX, HIC, mixed-mode) is required
- Experience with AKTA chromatography systems
- Familiarity with viral vector analytical techniques (qPCR, ELISA, DLS, SEC) is a plus
- Experience with high-throughput process development/automation is a plus (e.g. TECAN)
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner