Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate is seeking to expand the R&D team by recruiting a talented high-throughput screening scientist to support integrated screening platforms for our discovery programs. As HTS assay scientist you will play a critical role in the adapting traditional assay technologies into HTS amenable formats and executing production runs on HTS platforms composed of liquid handlers, plate reader, flow cytometer, high content imager, and data capture software for biologics discovery. You are expected to collaborate closely with the automation specialist, members from protein science, informatics and ML groups to produce high quality data to enable ML model development for lead discovery and optimization. This is an opportunity to perform highly innovative technology development with considerable intellectual freedom, while being part of the collaborative and premier scientific environment of a well-funded biotech startup.
- Develop biochemical and cell-based assays (384w format) for HTS workflows to interrogate MOA of therapeutics and generate high quality data sets to build ML models.
- Work closely with automation engineer to perform HTS and HCS campaigns, and work with informatics group, and machine learning engineer to streamline data analysis workflow linking to the internal LIMS and interactive learning cycles.
- Convert traditional biochemical and cell-based assays into HTS amenable formats.
- Troubleshoot experimental design and assay optimization.
- Work with external vendors to bring in new HTS technologies.
- Analyze experimental data and present results at project meetings.
- BS or MSc in biology, pharmacology, biochemistry or related field with 2+ years of research experience with the ability to succeed in a collaborative, highly matrixed environment.
- Experience in plate-based assay technologies including HTRF, LANCE, Alpha Lisa, luminescence
- Experience in lab automation, robotic integration in high throughput screening platforms, and data capture systems
- Experience in running HTS workflows on HTS platforms such as Thermo and HighRes.
- Highly motivated, self-directed scientist with ability to multitask, prioritize work and manage several projects.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work effectively as part of a team.