Laronde is a biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality endless RNA (eRNA) platform. Laronde has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of a naturally occurring form of RNA allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Learn more about our platform at eRNA Science | Laronde .
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is looking to bring a novel nucleic acid modality to patients. Our visions is to bring 100 programs and potential medicines to the clinic in a decade. Laronde is seeking an experienced, motivated, and entrepreneurial Associate Director to scale-up the upstream process for manufacture of eRNA. In the role, the candidate will work closely with the platform team that is innovating on synthesis of eRNA, downstream process development team that is scaling up chromatography methods for the clinic, and the analytical development team. The candidate will also work closely with the other leads in the technical development group and regulatory affairs to help draft various CMC sections for regulatory filings. The successful candidate will have experience in scaling up processes for different modalities and bringing them to early clinical development.
- Develop a roadmap for the synthesis of eRNA from raw materials with the intent to develop a platform process.
- Optimize enzymatic reactions to produce high quality eRNA that limits the burden for downstream purification
- Characterize the impurities produced in various enzymatic reactions in collaboration with analytical development
- Co-develop characterization methods with analytical team to assess quality of the material
- Co-develop methods to assess the quality of critical raw materials and their impact on the enzymatic reactions
- Work with the supply chain team to source raw materials and consumables that enable appropriate quality requirements
- Work closely with the manufacturing team and the technical development leaders to manufacturing clinical supplies for our programs
- Work closely with the technical development leaders and regulatory affairs to prepare the CMC dossier for regulatory filings
- Build a process development group and support a culture of enabling an engaged pioneering mindset
- MS or PhD in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, biochemistry or related field
- 8-9 years industry experience with PHD or 10-12 years industry experience with MS
- 5-10 years of experience developing therapeutics-focused technology platforms
- Experience in enabling clinical supplies for early clinical development for novel modalities
- Experience in drafting CMC dossier for regulatory filings
- Expertise in nucleic acid synthesis, purification, manufacturing and/or delivery
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Strong management experience and success in developing a scientific team and program
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.