Laronde is a biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Laronde has established a powerful technology allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional Sr Research Associate to join our Preclinical eRNA Development Team.
We are looking for a Senior Research Associate who brings enthusiasm, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate new eRNA medicines for patients.
- Perform in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo studies to investigate the effects of eRNA on protein expression, cellular readouts and function in cells and preclinical animal models.
- Conduct cutting-edge eRNA research and apply to therapeutic applications.
- Ability to manage multiple laboratory activities in parallel with efficient time management.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to:
- Plan and execute in vitro and in vivo studies
- Analyze experiments and present experimental findings
- Perform various in vitro / ex vivo analyses in generated animal samples
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- BS or MS in pharmacology, animal science, immunology, neurobiology or related discipline, with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Strong experience with in vitro assays and techniques such as ELISAs and other plate reader assays, RNA extraction and qPCR, Western Blotting and Flow Cytometry.
- Rodent animal handling skills including dosing (IV, SC, IP and PO), anesthesia, necropsy, blood and tissue collection for PK and PD biomarker analysis.
- Critical data analysis skills, attention to detail and troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Strong presence, sense of urgency and priorities as well as flexibility in working schedule.