Laronde is a biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Laronde has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire a Director of Bioanalytical Development to join our research organization.
We are seeking a Director of Bioanalytical Development to set strategy and lead the development of bioanalytical assays by providing leadership, scientific and technical expertise in support of Laronde's pipeline. This position will lead collaborations with external contract analytical testing organizations and provide support with the preparation of regulatory filings and correspondences. The incumbent brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate breakthrough medicines.
- Responsible for establishing and managing a diverse range of bioanalytical assays and biological testing activities to enable fast and seamless preclinical development.
- Lead method development and phase appropriate qualification / validation of bioanalytical assays as well as transfer of methods to contract testing laboratories (CTL).
- Responsible for CTL evaluation and selection. Participate in vendor audits, train personnel and lead troubleshooting and investigations for bioanalytical methods.
- Directly responsible for developing and reviewing assay protocols, SOPs and reports for bioanalytical methods.
- Responsible for preparing dossiers and data packages and providing input for interactions with regulatory agencies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to prioritize and allocate resources for bioanalytical assay development and data generation.
- Develop the talent pipeline through recruitment activities and being a mentor, coach and educational resource across LARONDE.
- MS or Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field with 10+ years experience in bioanalytical development.
- In-depth knowledge of bioassay development and validation.
- Detailed knowledge of drug discovery and development to apply independent judgement and direction to bioanalytical studies and the bioanalytical team.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with management, peers, subordinates and externally with third-party contract organizations.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation and priority-setting to complete assignments on time and budget.
- Strong leadership and management skills, excellent verbal and written communication.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced small-company environment.
- Ability to work successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.