Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Our modular Endless RNA™ (eRNA) platform, will be supported by a large-scale digital and manufacturing infrastructure with the bold vision of 100 new medicines within the next decade. With eRNA, we’re making new therapeutics that will become essential medicines of the future to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Check out www.laronde.bio for more information on our vision and eRNA platform.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is seeking a highly motivated, talented and detail-oriented software engineer to join our team. In this role you will act as our Internal resource for building and designing internal software needs, taking proof of concept to application. This role can be based at our Cambridge, MA site or remote.
- Design, architect, develop applications to drive research and manufacturing of eRNA
- Communicate and work effectively with other software engineers and external IT Contractors
- Act as the Internal resource for building and designing internal software needs
- Collaborate with members of other functional teams such manufacturing, research, biology and chemistry
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Work with agile development methodologies
- Writing technical documents
- 5+ years full stack development experience in a production environment
- Experience with developing in Python
- Experience with modern front end frameworks (React/Redux, AngularJS, Vue etc.)
- Knowledge of database systems (SQL, NoSQL)
- Working experience or certifications with AWS
- Experience with serverless frameworks in AWS including lambda, API gateway, SQS. Amplify, DynamoDB, Cognito preferred
- Experience with lab data management workflows and best practices, including familiarity with ELN and LIMS systems is a plus
- Experience with Typescript