Laronde is a biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Laronde has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire a Vice President to join our research organization.
We are seeking a Head of Discovery Biology to set strategy and lead research activities supporting novel eRNA drug development. The incumbent brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate breakthrough medicines.
- Set, drive and communicate eRNA discovery biology strategy in alignment with broader organization.
- Serves as the interface between platform technologies and therapeutic modalities / disease areas to discovery novel therapeutic approaches and applications.
- Prioritize and allocate resources and responsible for research plans and execution.
- Deliver research proof of concept for new eRNA modalities and disease indications to enable fast and seamless preclinical development.
- Member of Research Leadership Team, accountable for department goals and be the bridge between platform functions and drug development efforts across the therapeutic modalities and disease areas.
- Bring internal and external opinion leaders together to consider powerful new research technologies and approaches.
- Foster strong external collaborations and maintain state of the art research approaches.
- Contribute expertise to strategic alliances, business development activities and licensing due diligence reviews.
- Ensure high quality documents for regulatory submissions, publications and timely filing of intellectual property on novel and inventive discoveries.
- Develop the talent pipeline through recruitment activities and being a mentor, coach and educational resource across LARONDE.
- Ph.D., MD or equivalent in molecular and cell biology, pharmacology or related discipline.
- 10+ years experience in research or drug development, as evidenced by productive and successful programs and/or publications.
- Strong leadership and management skills, excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.
- A high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for creating transformative medicines to patients with serious diseases.