What if…you could tell the story of an organization that creates, resources, and builds bioplatform companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category bioplatform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $130 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions.
Reporting into the VP, Enterprise HR- The Human Resource Business Partner will be a key driver of the people strategy for our Enterprise companies The HRBP will be a key member of the HR enterprise team. In this role, the HR partner will build and sustain relationships with all levels of multiple client groups in the organization, effectively influence analysis and decision-making in the areas of leadership, talent management and development, succession planning, change management, work force planning, organization development and design, performance management, employee engagement, relations and communications.
The HRBP will collaborate with the HR Centers of Expertise (Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Talent Management, Leadership Development, Legal, IP and IT) to diagnose, develop and deliver solutions to support our entities. The person in this role should have strong business acumen with proven ability to align business needs with HR solutions to move the business forward in a growing and changing environment. The ideal candidate will effectively influence analysis, accountability and decision-making in the areas of leadership and management, change management and operational transformation, organization development and design, performance management, talent development, work force planning and employee engagement, relations and communications.
The HRBP must also be able to relate well to all levels of the organization and will have a demonstrated track record of effective influencing and coaching, teamwork, organizational design and restructuring and leadership skills. The HRBP must have experience effectively coaching, guiding and influencing senior leadership to drive significant cultural change and employee engagement. The candidate selected must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of drive and urgency, balancing multiple priorities simultaneously. In addition, the candidate selected will have excellent reasoning and problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, effective project management skills and organizational and communication skills (written, verbal, listening and presentation). The HRBP should also be able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness to effectively build and sustain strong client partnerships with trust and credibility
- Act as HR thought partner, change agent and implementation advisor; be familiar with the strategic plans of each Newco and help managers to translate the strategy into HR related practices to achieve business goals.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to managers on all organizational design and organization development matters (e.g., reorganizations, building organization capability, strategic workforce planning, etc.
- Support senior management in translating company mission and goals and into sustainable programs, practices and behaviors.
- Coach and advise the managers on the effectiveness of their leadership teams, various strategic business matters, talent topics and general HR issues.
- Help executives to align manager and employee capabilities to the mid-to-long-term business needs;
- Serve as a liaison/catalyst to FSP Operations to support/accelerate programs.
- Partner with TA and Enterprise team, assisting with a variety of matters to include onboarding, INS, etc.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10-15 years’ experience in the HR field or
- Master's Degree
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience.
- State and Federal employment law knowledge
- Prior Pharma/Biopharma exp
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Ability to translate business vision and strategy into an executable people agenda
- Working in a highly matrixed environment
- Employee Relations Experience
- Exceptional judgement and passion
- HR Leadership experience
- Technical Competencies
- Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits, Learning and Development/Training, Employee Relations, Understanding of MA Labor Law, HR Systems – ADP, Greenhouse and Capability Building