Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology
This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, growing biotech startup. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant to provide high-level support to the Chief Executive Office. The ideal candidate will leverage a broad range of skills with a high degree of professionalism and discretion in handling a wide variety of comprehensive responsibilities. Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively manage administrative tasks. Requires the ability to proactively build organizational knowledge and relationships and think critically and creatively to support problem-solving and ensure strong communication flow and follow-through. We are looking for a project driver who understands the value of a fast-paced environment. This person will be expected to work from the office.
The Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide executive support to the CEO which will require a wide range of personal and professional items.
- Coordination of the CEO/Leadership Team’s calendar for work related to the operational day-to-day activities of an ever changing, startup company.
- Responsible for proactively coordinating meetings and managing internal and external communications.
- Complete a broad range of administrative tasks including arranging travel plans, ordering lunches/groceries for the office, shipping/receiving, ordering office supplies.
- Ability to provide support to the employees in the office/lab as well as the remote employees.
- Assist with onboarding of new team members.
- Plan and coordinate company events.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing priorities and seeing them through to completion.
- Ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5 plus years of experience in providing support to high-level executives preferably at the “C” level suite.
- High level of commitment, availability after hours and on weekends as needed.
- Significant responsibility working in a dynamic, demanding, and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptionally organized with keen attention to detail with the ability to shift focus and priorities when necessary, under pressure and within deadlines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; strong ability to inform and engage through written communications.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Professional, positive manner, with experience in a role requiring a high degree of confidentiality
Excellent problem-solving skills and resourcefulness; ability to follow-through and close loops.
- Strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high level of responsibility and multiple priorities. Energetic, enthusiastic, and interested in learning within a fast-paced, fast-growth organization.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word and some PowerPoint) with Advanced Outlook organizational skills.