Who We Are
Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
We are seeking a Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist to join the Preclinical Discovery and Development group with deep expertise in cell and molecular biology techniques to support discovery, target validation and preclinical development of Generate’s biotherapeutics. The successful candidate will have strong background in molecular biology techniques such as cloning, transfection, transduction, gene knock in, knockout, etc. applied towards the creation of engineered cell lines to build tools and reagents to drive the initial evaluation of biotherapetuics as well as the advancement of clinical candidates. The ideal candidate will bring deep domain expertise, creativity, and the desire to integrate best practices in this field with cutting edge computational and machine learning techniques to drive the development of the next generation of biotherapeutics to clinic. This is an exciting opportunity for a scientist who wants to play an integral role in the preclinical discovery and development of novel therapeutics in a fast paced and cutting-edge research environment.
- Quickly evaluate biology surrounding relevant signaling pathways in a variety of cell types and disease settings
- Design and establish fit-for-purpose assay reagents (engineered primary cells, immortalized cell lines, biomolecules, and other tools) to evaluate the functional impact of various biotherapeutics in both low and high throughput formats
- Develop and manage relationship with CRO’s
- Partner with protein engineers, data scientist and machine learning engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Prioritize and parallel track simultaneous efforts across multiple programs
- Build and manage a team of scientists and research associates to support cell and molecular biology workflows within the Preclinical Discovery and Development group
- PhD in Cell or Molecular Biology, Genetics or related field with 5+ years of post-graduate experience.
- Broad experience in mammalian cell culture-based experimentation including growth, maintenance and engineering of primary cells and immortalized cell lines.
- Deep expertise in a wide array of molecular and cellular techniques enabling the creation of novel in vitro biological models, including the use of: lentivirus, electroporation, shRNA and CRISPR-sgRNA tools (design, construction and production, cas9 activity testing), gene editing, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in phenotyping and functional assay development using a wide array of readouts, including cell growth and proliferation assays, Incucyte, CTG, Clonogenicity, RT-PCR, qPCR, Western blot, FACS, ELISA, and other Immunoassays
- Knowledgeable in the unique design parameters relevant for scaling assays to high-throughout methodologies.
- Experience with the development of functional assays utilized in therapeutic discovery is a plus.