What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship VL59, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company leveraging novel insights in RNA biology. Flagship VL59’s proprietary platform identifies novel disease targets and develops new therapeutic modalities targeting RNA, providing new strategies to treat or cure a range of diseases including rare genetic disease, neurological disease, and oncology.
Flagship VL59, Inc. was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate in Computational Biology to join our passionate team of scientists. The position will execute and contribute to building computational analysis pipelines, to derive insights from data, and help guide experimental design.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. The candidate will be dedicated to develop and grow outside his/her comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Learn, maintain, and execute computational pipelines for guiding experimental design, and analyzing next-generation sequencing data
- Write code to automate computational workflows
- Extract, transform, and load data from internal and external sources
- Follow best practices for coding, documentation, and data management
- Advocate for a culture of data quality and data-driven decision-making across functional teams
- Communicate progress and analyses at internal meetings, using slides and interactive reports
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 1+ years of experience, in academic or industry setting, relevant to bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field
- Experience with Linux and the command line
- Proficiency programming in Python. Experience with R is a plus
- Familiarity with molecular biology concepts
- Experience creating reproducible workflows, using tools such as Git, Jupyter, Nextflow, Docker, and AWS, is a strong plus
- Experience analyzing NGS data is a strong plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Confident, execution focused, and team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment