Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking a motivated and creative Engineers to join a team of scientists and engineers focused on the process development of Lipid Nanoparticles with nucleotide cargoes. This will include, but not limited to, LNP process development for synthesis, scale up and material generation for preclinical / clinical production. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that is driving the LNP process development for a novel platform of Gene Writing.
- Assist in evaluation and establishing a toolset to support LNP process development. This will include high throughput screening technologies and mixing systems for robust scale up to clinical production.
- Execute experimental designs for LNP process development including screening, optimization for scaleup, and interpret the results with minimal guidance
- Support the generation of preclinical LNP material generation.
- Troubleshoot lab workflows and maintain equipment.
- Provide high quality results and documentation in electronic lab notebooks.
- Support the writing of protocols and technical reports to support drug product clinical development.
- Collaborate effectively with purification, formulation and analytical development teams.
- BS/MS with 3+ years of relevant industrial experience. A degree in either Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or Biological Sciences.
- Technical understanding and experience in biopharmaceutical process development including purification and formulation
- Experience with high-throughput process development techniques, and statistical design of experiments (DoE) strongly preferred.
- Understanding of lipid chemistry, modifications, and synthesis, alongside mRNA production and analytical characterization techniques.
- An understanding of microfluidic workflows and hydrodynamic mixing design for LNP is preferred
- Track record of completing deliverables within specified timelines.
- Eager to work with highly skilled and dynamic teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting
- The successful candidate should be collaborative, communicative, and passionate about working with lipid nanoparticles leading to mediate the next generation of genetic medicines.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.