What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform healthcare and sustainability?
Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Flagship Pioneering is seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to join our growing contracts management function at Flagship Pioneering. The Contracts Manager will function as an integral part of the centralized contracts management team in providing broad contracts support to Flagship Pioneering’s enterprise of companies that are transforming human health and sustainability.
The Contracts Manager will work alongside the contracts management team to support the drafting of template agreements, obtaining contract signatures and other projects / activities on an as needed basis.
- Prepare and negotiate CDAs, MSAs, Consulting Agreements, Work Plans and other routine agreements based on Flagship Pioneering’s template forms of agreement as directed by the contracts management team;
- supporting contract execution via DocuSign; and
- supporting post execution archival of agreements in Flagship Pioneering’s contracts management system.
- 2 – 5 years of direct experience in contracts management and negotiation of standard legal terms, operating with limited supervision, but knowing when to escalate;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient with standard office software applications (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint) and contract management systems (e.g. CobbleStone);
- Ability to work well as part of a high functioning team and comfortable with managing delegated activities under time sensitive constraints;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment; and
- Willingness and ability to learn new substantive skills and develop and expand existing ones.
- Undergraduate BS/BA