What if... We could harness the power of Flagship’s scientific platforms and create novel treatment options that benefit more patients, sooner?
Pioneering Medicines, a division of Flagship Pioneering, is building a world-class biopharmaceutical R&D capability focused on conceiving and developing life-changing treatments for patients by harnessing the power of Flagship's scientific platforms and applying those innovative approaches to serious diseases with unmet medical need. Unique to Pioneering Medicines’ approach is the opportunity to combine platforms to create truly novel and potentially transformative treatments.
About Flagship Pioneering:
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking an RA/Sr. RA of In Vivo Pharmacology who will be responsible for independently developing and performing studies in animal models across different disease areas. Additional responsibilities include applying a wide range of in-vitro and in-vivo approaches to understand the mechanism of action of various therapeutic agents. This individual will interact seamlessly with Discovery Biology and other Discovery groups to help execute on company strategy. The major focus of this position will be the in-vivo evaluation of novel biological and small molecule therapeutic agents, including RNA based approaches that will support the drug discovery efforts across multiple programs form target validation to identification of clinical candidates.
- Conduct in vivo procedures to evaluate efficacy of therapy candidates in rodent models, primarily mice.
- Perform standard mouse procedures including plasma/serum collection, IV injections, necropsies, and tissue collection in compliance with established protocols
- Conduct in life safety assessments: monitor body weight, clinical observations, and survival of mice.
- Maintain accurate records of animal assessments and study activities; document experimental data in laboratory notebook, including a description of the study purpose, activities performed, observed results, and variation from expected data patterns
- Data entry into animal management software
- Analyze and present in vivo data to project team
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations to advance broad company goals and objectives
- Comply with all laboratory safety procedures
- Bachelor’s or MSc in Biosciences with at least 5 years of experience or with 2+ years of industry experience using mouse models of neurobiology to support drug discovery and development
- Proficient in standard in-vivo techniques (animal handling, blood collection, dosing, necropsy, tissue dissections)
- Execution of both efficacy as well as PK/PD models in rodents
- Working knowledge of gene-based therapy approaches (gene regulation, RNA medicine, gene therapy, gene editing, and/or gene silencing) not required but desirable
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced research environment. Ability to work on weekends on a rotating schedule
- Collaborative mindset and a willingness to work with different teams.