What if... We could harness the power of Flagship’s scientific platforms and create novel treatment options that benefit more patients, sooner?
Pioneering Medicines, a division of Flagship Pioneering, is building a world-class biopharmaceutical R&D capability focused on conceiving and developing life-changing treatments for patients by harnessing the power of Flagship's scientific platforms and applying those innovative approaches to serious diseases with unmet medical need. Unique to Pioneering Medicines’ approach is the opportunity to combine platforms to create truly novel and potentially transformative treatments.
About Flagship Pioneering:
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Sr. RA/Scientist who will be responsible for independently developing and performing in vitro studies including cell line based assays, cells and tissues derived from animal models, as well as primary human cells. This individual will interact seamlessly with Discovery Biology and other Discovery groups to help implement Therapeutic Area strategy. A key focus of this position will be the ex vivo evaluation of the activity of novel biological and small molecule therapeutic agents for autoimmune disease, that will support drug discovery efforts and mechanism-of action studies. The position will require the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks, quickly learn new techniques, organize tasks efficiently, communicate and collaborate well and keep records accurately. Ability to interact well with scientific colleagues and work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Perform laboratory assays for validation of potential drug development targets and to characterize pharmacological compounds
- Independently conduct experiments and analyze data
- Operate and maintain the relevant equipment
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in industry or in an academic setting
- Technical expertise with primary cell-based assays including human PBMCs and Whole Blood
- Proficient in assay development for testing compounds across different modalities
- Experience working with sterile cell culture techniques for the growth and maintenance of cell lines
- Technical expertise with tissue cell harvest and cell dissociation is highly desired
- Experience with Flow Cytometry (FACS) is required
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Experience with analysis software such as Graph Pad Prism, Excel