What if... We could harness the power of Flagship’s scientific platforms and create novel treatment options that benefit more patients, sooner?
Pioneering Medicines, a division of Flagship Pioneering, is building a world-class biopharmaceutical R&D capability focused on conceiving and developing life-changing treatments for patients by harnessing the power of Flagship's scientific platforms and applying those innovative approaches to serious diseases with unmet medical need. Unique to Pioneering Medicines’ approach is the opportunity to combine platforms to create truly novel and potentially transformative treatments.
About Flagship Pioneering:
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are looking for a creative, resourceful, and highly collaborative scientist to join our research team. The ideal candidate should have a passion for science and medicine, and a track-record of identifying and progressing novel targets to clinical candidates. As a creative scientist and critical thinker, this leader should have a deep understanding of pharmacology, with a track record of defining key experiments and developing robust and relevant assays across several therapeutic areas, including inflammation and/or fibrosis, metabolic disease areas to rapidly drive programs to go/no go decision points. The candidate will have shown the ability to excel in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment, in addition to having excellent written and oral communication skills. We are looking for individuals who embrace our core values of putting people and patients first, in a collaborative team environment that encourages growth and learning.
- Help build in vitro pharmacology/biology resources .
- Act as a strategic leader as part of PM’s research team, defining and implementing key experiments to support target validation
- Define and develop appropriate assays to support the discovery programs
- Develop human primary cell-based assays including whole blood and PBMCs to support translational studies.
- Work with multiple external and internal collaborators to advance program form target ID to clinic
Experience and Education Required:
- A PhD degree in a Biology or a related relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience with a significant portion of that experience in in vitro pharmacology with an emphasis on Immunology , pharmacology or related fields
- A proven track-record of achievement, as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals, authorship of patents, and internal and/or external scientific presentations.
- A deep understanding of the drug discovery process, from target identification and validation through development of drug candidates for clinical development. Key attributes include a deep understanding of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, in vivo immune cell profiling
- The preferred candidate will also possess the following skills: Familiarity with: genetic-based approaches such as CRISPR and siRNA; bioinformatics databases and data analysis, development of target engagement assays to determine drug binding kinetics
- Experience working with cross disciplinary internal and external scientific teams (e.g. CRO’s, academic collaborators) is preferred
- Possess a high level of critical scientific thinking, high energy, independence, a strong desire to learn new areas, and the ability to work in a highly dynamic flexible team-oriented and transparent research organization.