What if... We could harness the power of Flagship’s scientific platforms and create novel treatment options that benefit more patients, sooner?
Pioneering Medicines, a division of Flagship Pioneering, is building a world-class biopharmaceutical R&D capability focused on conceiving and developing life-changing treatments for patients by harnessing the power of Flagship's scientific platforms and applying those innovative approaches to serious diseases with unmet medical need. Unique to Pioneering Medicines’ approach is the opportunity to combine platforms to create truly novel and potentially transformative treatments.
About Flagship Pioneering:
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Head of In-Vivo Pharmacology who will have scientific and managerial responsibility for a group of scientists, working across multiple therapeutic areas. This individual will report to the CSO and will interact seamlessly with Cell Biology, Translational and Clinical groups to help formulate and implement in vivo strategy for PM programs.
- In vivo evaluation of novel therapeutic agents that will support the drug discovery efforts
- Identification and validation of novel disease and target specific biomarkers, development of new PD and disease models across different indications.
- Recruit and supervise technical staff with extensive scientific knowledge
- prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations to internal and external stakeholders; Interact with senior management and key opinion leaders;
- work closely with other FSP companies to evaluate new programs and develop research plans.
- PhD in the Biological Sciences with a minimum of 8 years experience, preferably some within the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology sector.
- Knowledge of Inflammation/fibrosis and/or metabolic therapeutic area with a strong in vivo background is essential.
- Extensive understanding of PK/PD assessments in models of disease and experience in designing ex vivo studies to assess PD and target engagement endpoints, is also a must-have.
- Previous experience with standard disease models of autoimmune and metabolic diseases is preferred, as is working knowledge of FACS, cell and ex vivo assay development.
- Previous experience with gene-based therapies (e.g. gene regulation, RNA medicine, gene therapy, gene editing, and/or gene silencing) not required but highly desirable
- Strong experience managing a group of scientists with proven leadership ability, a strong collaborative style, and excellent communication skills.