Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Our modular Endless RNA™ (eRNA) platform, will be supported by a large-scale digital and manufacturing infrastructure with the bold vision of 100 new medicines within the next decade. With eRNA, we’re making new therapeutics that will become essential medicines of the future to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Check out www.laronde.bio for more information on our vision.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
We are looking for a Senior in vivo pharmacologist who brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate new eRNA medicines.
- The Senior Scientist in the in vivo pharmacology group will be responsible for animal drug discovery research activities (study design to execution and analysis) related to pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and efficacy studies from early exploratory to IND stage
- Develop in house capability to test drug efficacy in rodent models of disease and test pipeline eRNAs to establish proof-of-concept and understand mechanism of action
- Hands-on contribution to planning, design and execution of in vivo pharmacology studies aimed at building pharmacologic relationships between exposure, pharmacodynamic biomarkers and efficacy
- Train and manage junior members of the team in disease model induction and understanding drug pharmacology and efficacy
- Work collaboratively with members of the in vivo pharmacology team to achieve team goals and support organizational goals
- Analyze data from in vivo pharmacology studies and perform statistical analysis
- The candidate will be expected to initiate and oversee any necessary external collaborations including CROs and academic labs
- Prepare reports in a timely manner and present data both internally and externally as needed
- PhD or related degree in pharmacology, physiology,
- 4+ years experience
- Proven track record of designing and performing various in vivo procedures in rodents assessment of PK and efficacy
- Experience in developing ex vivo analytical assays such as ELISA, FACS, MSD
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups across the organization to ensure success
- Experience with tissue processing and IHC/histological techniques would be a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills