We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, and strategic Talent Acquisition Sourcer who will be a key member of Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Head of Talent Acquisition, they will be responsible for driving sourcing strategies with key Flagship Partners to build pipelines for roles in human resources, finance, legal, and marketing across the Flagship Ecosystem. They will leverage technology and proactively discover new and innovative channels for identifying top talent with a view on both short and long-term needs. This role will work with the employee population in Cambridge, MA but the team is open to remote employees.
About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering, a leading life sciences firm based in Boston, conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS). In March of 2020, Flagship closed a $1.1 billion capital raise for its seventh Origination Fund to support the creation of additional groundbreaking companies originated and operating within its Flagship Labs unit.
- Identify and recruit passive candidates, blending the art and the science of people, gauging chemistry of candidates and recognizing their motivations
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management; conduct in-depth interviews of identified talent demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios
- Ensure strategic use of talent systems (ATS, CRM, AI Talent Platform)
- Identify and champion new and innovative approaches to diversity and inclusion
- 2+ years recruiting/sourcing experience preferably in G&A roles within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Proven ability to influence, guide and drive the recruiting and hiring process from end to end
- A self-motivated professional who has a strong work ethic, agility, and grit to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, innovative often ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with developing recruiting strategies and executing innovate sourcing strategies, techniques, tools and results e.g. direct sourcing/cold calling passive candidates, market intelligence gathering, target company/organization mapping and org charting, pipeline building
- Exceptional candidate assessment skills and behavioral interviewing techniques
- Team player. Able to contribute to the overall goals of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree – Advanced degree preferred
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.