What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
Montai Health was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, funds, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship manages more than $2 billion in funds and has applied its hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster over 75 scientific ventures, including Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY), and more. Flagship’s portfolio companies have aggregated over $19 billion in value, 500+ issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Montai Health is seeking a creative, motivated Scientist (Sr.) Scientist, Cell and Molecular Biology to join our experimental biology team. S/he will bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation, demonstrate strong communication skills, and be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing and establishing novel in vitro and in vivo models, with emphasis on cell-based models of metabolism, immunology and neuroscience
- Establishing in vitro assays to evaluate, discover, and characterize biological activity of Montai molecular medicines;
- Executing experiments using established models and assays alongside scientific team;
- Managing projects with vendors and CROs;
- Troubleshooting through novel experimental approaches;
- Collaborating closely with multi-disciplinary team members and supervising research associates and/or junior scientists.
- D. in biology, cell biology, immunology, or related discipline, with 3+ years of additional laboratory experience in molecular & cell biology, immunology, or other related field
- Hands on experience with developing and/or implementing in vitro and in vivo disease models;
- Experience with high-throughput, cell-based assays, such as flow cytometry, plate-reader based activity assays;
- Experience with molecular biology techniques, such as real-time PCR, Western blot, ELISA, microscopy;
- Experience with natural product discovery, strongly preferred;
- Capable of both independent- and team-oriented work, collaborating across disciplines, and supervising and training junior research associates;
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced work environment, highly motivated, strong work ethic;
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills.