Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of deterministic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and therapeutics that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate is seeking a highly collaborative, technically broad, and intellectually curious leader of Search and Evaluation to join our team. You will build and communicate a broad, constantly up-to-date landscape perspective of state of the art and emerging technologies to support and expand Generate’s core platforms and business. This position will make important contributions to inform BD activity, internal platform expansion, and innovation. The successful candidate will be deeply collaborative, an outstanding communicator, and will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Build comprehensive Search & Evaluation Strategy that delivers a comprehensive strategy for technology platform expansion, including internal build, M&A, Business Development
- Proactively search, analyze, and perform scientific assessments of external technologies to complement Generate's core machine learning platform
- Build and maintain a landscape view of emerging and future-looking disruptive technologies for ML-driven therapeutic generation, target discovery, manufacturing, and clinical development
- Build business case and propose scientific integration and value creation plans with existing platforms, including research and clinical capabilities
- Collaborate with business development to lead deep scientific and technical cross-functional due diligence teams
Pivotal Experience & Expertise:
- Advanced degree in life sciences or related fields
- Broad expertise in biologic discovery, protein engineering, and cutting edge high-throughput technologies
- Significant experience (5+ years) in Search & Evaluation or BD preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to synthesize information rapidly and effectively
- Ability to parallel process multiple projects and work streams
- Entrepreneurial, thrives in fast-paced environments
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Unmatched sense of urgency
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect