Flagship Labs 72, Inc. (FL72) is a well-funded, early stage biotechnology company founded by Flagship Pioneering that is developing a new category of immune therapeutics. FL72 was founded through Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Are you a highly motivated Protein Scientist, Biochemist, or Structural Biologist who wants to develop the next breakthrough therapeutic? We are seeking a determined, impact-driven Senior Scientist or Scientist with a results-driven attitude and attention to detail who will drive critical research, strategy, and optimization toward novel modalities in our unique biologics and vaccination platform. As one of the first ten employees, you would join a dynamic, diverse and inclusive team with ample opportunity to grow into a leadership role as we expand. This role requires a results-driven attitude and an eagerness for platform innovation. The ideal candidate must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, and eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Design, innovate and produce protein- and peptide-based biologics
- Collaborate within an interdisciplinary team to investigate, design and advance new candidate protein modalities from initial testing toward clinical development
- Design, generate and QC plasmid DNA constructs for expression of therapeutic proteins within genetic expression systems
- Perform biochemical and biophysical assessments of expressed proteins for animal studies and toward biologic formulation control
- Produce, analyze and communicate scientific insights to the scientific and management teams
- Maintain clear, accurate written records of laboratory procedures, results, and conclusions
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, molecular or structural biology, or related disciplines.
- Deep experience with protein structure/function, protein engineering and optimizing protein expression, purification, and characterization. Prior biotech experience preferred.
- Experience using FLPC and DLS protein purification and characterization systems
- Experience with typical protein characterization techniques including:
- Gene design, vector construction, and protein expression.
- SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, and PCR
- Bacterial expression of recombinant vaccines and proteins
- Protein purification techniques using a variety of methods including IEX, SEC, and HIC.
- Analysis skills, including HT data analysis, strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey results and scientific data to senior leaders, teams, academic collaborators, and partners.
- Highly motivated strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, inclusive, ethical, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment of a small biotech.