Flagship Labs 72, Inc. (FL72) is a well-funded, early stage biotechnology company founded by Flagship Pioneering that is developing a new category of immune therapeutics. FL72 was founded through Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Are you a highly motivated Senior Scientist or Scientist who wants to develop the next breakthrough therapeutic? We are seeking a determined, impact-driven Senior Scientist or Scientist with a results-driven attitude and attention to detail who will drive critical research, strategy, and optimization toward novel biology in our unique biologics platform. As part of a collaborative team, you will lead lead in vitro and cell immune assay development, execution and interpretation. Through this role, you will help drive a biologic toward the clinic, leading and navigating small and large animal disease models and their immune readouts. As one of the first ten employees, you would join a dynamic, diverse and inclusive team with ample opportunity to grow as a scientist as we expand. This role requires a results-driven attitude and an eagerness for platform innovation. The successful candidate will have a strong immunology background with extensive experience in developing, optimizing, and executing in vitro and/or cell-based immune assays and will integrate closely with the protein sciences team to execute, interpret, iterate and expand immune assays. The ideal candidate must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, and eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Lead strategy and planning of early-stage research to identify, evaluate, and champion new ideas and technologies
- Design, develop and optimize in vitro immune assays, including cell-based assays, ELISAs, neutralization assays, functional tests, etc.
- Engage with and oversee CROs to plan and execute mouse model experiments
- Analyze and interpret immunological and serological data and report results to scientific team and executive management
- Work effectively with a cross-functional team to contribute to the vision, strategy, and tactics of the organization.
- Ph.D. scientist with 3+ years of industry or post-doctoral experience in immunology or related disciplines
- Experience with immune based assays is required (ELISA, MSD, Luminex, ELISPOT, multi-parameter flow cytometry, single-cell sorting for RNA sequencing)
- Extensive hands-on experience in blood and tissue sample processing, cell culture (primary human and mouse cells and cell lines), and in vitro and cell-based assays (activation/proliferation, differentiation, receptor-ligand neutralization, ADCC, ADCP, CDC)
- Significant experience with developing in vitro (ELISA, neutralization assays, etc.) and/or cell-based assays using primary human and mouse B cells is highly preferred
- Experience in immunization and animal models is a plus
- Motivated and curious with a demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner; both verbally and written context
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.