Flagship Labs 72, Inc. (FL72) is a well-funded, early stage biotechnology company founded by Flagship Pioneering that is developing a new category of immune therapeutics. FL72 was founded through Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Are you a highly motivated scientist who wants to develop the next breakthrough therapeutic? We are seeking a determined, impact-driven Senior RA or RA with a results-driven attitude and attention to detail who will drive critical research, strategy, and optimization toward novel biology in our unique biologics platform. As part of a collaborative team, you will work closely with the immunology and protein sciences teams to develop and execute in vitro immune assays and high-throughput drug screening methods. Through this role, you will deepen your immunology expertise and gain valuable translational exposure to driving a biologic toward the clinic. As one of the first ten employees, you would join a dynamic, diverse and inclusive team with ample opportunity to grow as a scientist as we expand. This role requires a results-driven attitude and an eagerness for platform innovation. A successful candidate will be a self-starter with clear passion for science, and they will have demonstrated clear evidence of experimental rigor and impact. The ideal candidate must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, and eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Execute in vitro immune assays, including ELISAs, ELISPOT, cell-based immune assays, neutralization assays, and more, to support discovery and early therapeutic development
- Execute and troubleshoot immune, molecular, and cell-based assays
- Mammalian cell culture, including primary cells and patient derived cell lines
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data to prepare reports and communicate the results of the experiments at internal meetings
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company
- M.S. or B.S. in Immunology, Biology, Cell or Molecular Biology or related fields
- 2+ Industry research experience is preferred
- Experience with immune based assays is required (ELISA, ELISPOT, multi-parameter flow cytometry, cell sorting)
- Experience operating automated plate readers and/or FACS
- Experience with performing high throughput screening of drug candidates is highly preferred
- Self-motivated, independent thinker, with strong organizational skills and very detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner; both verbally and written context
- Execution focused, team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment