Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Laronde has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is seeking a creative, motivated Scientist to develop and deploy methods to characterize the drug substance and drug product. The candidate will work closely with the process development teams to characterize the material being produced through process improvements. The candidate will work with the scale-out team to deploy high throughput versions of the methods to assess 1,000s of preclinical test agents. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform.
- Provide hands-on support in characterization methods for drug substance and drug product
- Develop methods to quantify critical quality attributes through chromatography, LC-MS, or other methods
- Work closely with CROs in specific cases to develop specific assays
- Work with the process development team to characterize impact of process improvements
- Work with raw material vendors to assess critical quality attributes of raw materials; develop methods to characterize raw material attributes
- Support IND enabling manufacturing batches
- Oversee and manage tech transfer of analytical methods to QC CRO
- PhD+ 0-2 years industry experience, MS+5-7 years industry experience or equivalent in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, virology, biochemistry or related field
- 5-10 years of experience developing therapeutics-focused technology platforms
- Experience with developing strategic timelines and executing successful on corporate goals
- Expertise in nucleic acid analytical method development
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Strong management experience and success in developing a scientific team and program
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.