What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
Montai Health was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, funds, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship manages more than $2 billion in funds and has applied its hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster over 75 scientific ventures, including Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY), and more. Flagship’s portfolio companies have aggregated over $19 billion in value, 500+ issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Montai Health is seeking a creative, motivated (Sr.) Scientist Analytics Development to play a leading role in the Analytics group’s efforts to identify and characterize natural products, formulations and in vivo pharmacokinetics of lead molecules and metabolites. The candidate will be responsible for employing targeted and untargeted small molecule, lipidomic, and metabolomic workflows based on UHPLC /MS. S/he will be an expert in mass spectrometry and will have strong expertise in sample extraction and preparation for small molecule, lipidomic and metabolomic analysis, high throughput MS data analysis, and dereplication of MS data sets. The candidate will contribute critically to shaping the vision and strategy of the Analytics and Discovery group. S/he will bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation, demonstrate strong communication skills, and be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits.
- Develop and implement novel biochemical and biophysical analysis methodology to characterize natural products, novel delivery formulations, and in vivo pharmacokinetics of molecules and metabolites;
- Design and conduct end-to-end untargeted and targeted small molecule, lipidomic and metabolomic workflows, including preparation of plant- and mammalian-sourced samples, full use of UHPLC /MS instrumentation to analyze metabolites and identification of chemical formulas and structural motifs;
- Develop analysis workflows for large MS data sets for use by the ML/AI and Discovery teams
- Oversee in-house mass spec instruments, including maintenance, troubleshooting, and method development/optimization;
- Collaborate closely with other computational and wet lab scientists;
- Identify and lead external research relationships with academic and commercial partners;
- Report results to scientific team and management.
- Ph.D. focusing on Analytical Chemistry, Natural Product Chemistry, Metabolomics, Lipidomics, Biochemistry, Biological Engineering and/or related field
- Experience with lipidomic and metabolomic analysis of biological samples, including significant analysis of samples containing natural products or secondary metabolites
- Experience with diverse analytical chemistry techniques, including HPLC, LC-MS/MS, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Self-driven and demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting