Serqet Therapeutics is one of the latest companies founded through Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, and Evelo Therapeutics were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. Serqet Therapeutics is integrating the latest developments in computational and experimental biology to discover novel therapeutics for a broad range of diseases.
Serqet is seeking a capable and highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join our growing team. As a Senior Research Associate, you will be an essential part of an interdisciplinary team of highly creative and talented individuals responsible for developing and optimizing biochemical and cell-based assays.
- Contribute to the design and execution of in vitro cell-based and enzyme assays and phenotypical screens
- Work collaboratively with scientists and research associates across multiple teams
- Identify and develop platform and project relevant assays than enables project progression
- Identify and proactively troubleshoot technical issues, implement solutions under limited supervision.
- Assist in the maintenance of instruments and in reagent and supply ordering/inventory.
- Maintain and support safe lab practices and environment.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols.
- B.S. or M.S. in biological sciences, biotechnology or related field with 4+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience working with primary cell culture or iPSCs development
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), capable of conveying technical information in a clear and accessible manner.
- Well organized and attention to detail, critical analysis of data, good troubleshooting ability and a string desire to make an impact.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting