About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a privately held, development-stage biotechnology company pioneering a new class of DNA-sequence-targeting, mRNA-encoded therapeutics to transform human medicine. The OMEGA Epigenomic Programming™ platform harnesses the power of epigenetics, the mechanism that systematically controls every aspect of an organism’s life from cell genesis, to growth and differentiation. The OMEGA platform has identified thousands of novel DNA-sequence-based epigenomic targets within Insulated Genomic Domains (IGDs), referred to as EpiZips™. IGDs represent the three-dimensional, distinct, and evolutionarily conserved architecture of the genome, and are the fundamental structural and functional units of gene control and cell differentiation. They act as the “control room” of biology. The OMEGA platform examines alterations in IGDs leading to aberrant gene expression, a cause of most disease. It then leverages its database of EpiZips to identify appropriate intervention points within the IGDs and rationally designs biologically engineered, modular, and programmable mRNA-encoded epigenetic medicines, called Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, to target EpiZips for Precision Genomic Control™. With its computation- and data-first approach, Omega Therapeutics is currently advancing a broad pipeline of programs that span regenerative medicine, multigenic diseases including immunology, oncology, and select monogenic diseases.
Omega Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering in 2017. For more information, visit omegatherapeutics.com,
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Research Associate to join our Discovery Therapeutics team within the broader integrated Computational Genomics and Data Sciences group as a key contributor in our Omega Epigenomic Controller (OEC) discovery efforts. The successful candidate will be an essential member of a close-knit team of experimental and computational scientists driving Omega’s platform technologies and supporting a broad set of therapeutic programs. We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced cross-functional scientific team.
- Support the discovery and development of Omega Epigenomic Controllers by working with effector and/or DNA binding domains
- Assist in conducting, optimizing and troubleshooting of cellular screening assays in a wide range of primary and transformed cell lines, build independence over time
- Functional characterization of novel biologics modalities using various cell systems and techniques (cell-based assays, RNA/DNA/protein isolation techniques, ELISA/capillary/western blots, PCR, qPCR, ChIP, etc)
- Evaluate new technologies and help implement efficient workflows to increase the throughput of our experimental workflows
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizations skills; adaptive
- Hands-on tissue culture experience
- Prior understanding of epigenomic and gene regulation preferred
- Exposure to CRISPR-based or other gene editing technologies preferred
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills
- BS/BA or MS in Cell or Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related fields
- 1-3 years industry experience preferred