Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate that can help advance our scientific mission. This person will join our NGS and Molecular Assays team and be responsible for running high throughput ScreenAmp and ddPCR assays to support our strategic scientific direction.
- Perform high throughput screening protocols to support data generation for the platform teams
- Troubleshoot basic library preparation issues and sequencing failures
- Run daily maintenance on ddPCR and miseq instruments
- Work with the assay development team to implement validated automation protocols to the high throughput screening platform
- Work with a dynamic team and cross-train with other team members
- Maintain detailed electronic lab notebooks, and report QC results to team
- Those with a BSc or Medical Technology degree with 2+ years of experience in molecular biology, genetics, cell biology or related field. Excellent entry level candidates with molecular biology experience will also be considered
- Previous experience working in an NGS core sequencing facility is strongly preferred
- Prior experience with NGS library processing and Illumina/PacBio/nanopore instrumentation is preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot assay failures is strongly preferred
- Prior experience with the development and execution of automation for an NGS lab
- Detail-oriented with the ability to keep good experimental records
- Excellent communication skills, ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications, if you have these it would be a plus:
- Experience with GUIDE-seq, SITE-seq, LAM-PCR or nrLAM-PCR
- Experience with high-throughput screening assays
- Automation experience
- Experience with gene editing, gene therapy, or single-cell sequencing technologies
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).