Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The screening scientist will be working in a collaborative team with a focus on developing cell screens and cell models to enable discovery in the Tessera Therapeutics Gene Writing platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute screens and develop cell models that support research activities, project goals, and platform translation.
- Plan and perform high throughput arrayed cell screens
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot experiments as well as data analysis.
- Maintain lab notebooks and report data and analysis results to the scientific team.
- PhD with 4 or more years of experience in cell biology, molecular biology or related fields
- Strong experience preforming HTP cell screens, preferably using primary/stem cells
- Prior experience with CRISPR or other gene editing tools
- Familiarity with the use of automation in the context of cell screening
- Experience independently generating precise, reliable data and skillfully analyzing the data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).