Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-dosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring Therapeutics is seeking a protein and virus purification specialist to join the Structure and Protein Biochemistry Team. The successful candidate will build on existing chromatography methods to optimize purification protocols for the purification of viral proteins and vectors. The candidate will design experiments, present data and supervise and mentor research associates. Experience expressing and purifying viral vectors such as AAV would be advantageous to the candidate. We are searching for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working both with a team and independently on various aspects of the viral platform development.
- Optimizing viral vector purification protocols using chromatography methods
- Produce and purify Anellovectors and benchmark vectors for characterization in vitro and in vivo
- Maintaining lab notebooks, and reporting data and analysis results to the scientific team
- Training and supervising research associates
- Generate and evaluate antibodies for use in immunoassays (ELISA)
- Ph.D. in virology and/or protein biochemistry.
- 2-5 years of postdoctoral experience, in academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology settings. Industry experience a plus.
- Extensive experience with development of chromatography-based purification techniques.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Team oriented with a desire to mentor young scientist in a flexible and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.