We are seeking a highly motivated scientist or biological engineer with experience in expression, purification, and characterization of proteins. S/he will join an interdisciplinary team to implement and execute new and existing methods for protein biochemistry efforts. We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented scientist with a passion for mastering protein biochemistry and analytical techniques to bring novel medicines to patients. S/he will be comfortable balancing multiple projects and enjoy working in a pioneering, fast-paced, and collaborative start-up environment, with the opportunity to make a large impact to advance Toran’s mission.
- Execute experiments to express, purify, and characterize proteins to support drug discovery
- Work with senior researcher(s) to execute and troubleshoot existing methods, and evaluate and implement new methods
- Advocate for innovation and application; learn and implement new experimental techniques and approaches that can answer critical scientific questions
- Communicate ideas and results to internal and external parties in verbal, written, and presentation formats, when appropriate
- Contribute meaningfully to building a world-class transporter platform at the forefront of scientific innovation
- B.S. (with 2+ years’ experience), or M.S. in biochemistry, biochemical engineering, or related fields, with an emphasis on protein expression or purification
- Experience with mammalian expression systems and/or protein purification.
- Strong ability to analyze and communicate complex data sets and science in a clear and concise manner through written or oral communications
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in creative ways to ensure delivery on program goals.
- Instinctive team player with excellent interpersonal skills and great attention to detail.
- Experience with protein characterization and associated techniques (SDS-PAGE, Western blot).
- Experience with membrane proteins.
- Proficiency with chromatographic instrumentation and techniques.