What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship Labs 75, Inc. (FL75) is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering the development of multi-specific medicines to deliberately and systematically drug complex biology. FL75 is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional in vivo pharmacologist to join our team.
FL75 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY) and Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, more than 500 issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
FL75 is looking for a highly motivated research biologist to drive in vivo rodent studies for target validation and therapeutic proof-of-principle. Rank will be matched to the level of experience.
This team member will design and conduct in vivo studies to understand biodistribution, PK/PD and functional activity of early-stage biologics. You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, working both independently and as part of a highly integrated team.
- You will help develop the company’s strategy for using in vivo studies to guide target discovery and validation.
- Design and interpret in vivo biodistribution, efficacy, and pharmacology studies to develop our target discovery platform.
- Initiate and oversee collaborations with external collaborators and CROs.
- Work with the technology development team to pioneer methods for labeling proteins.
- Work with a cross-functional team to contribute to the vision, strategy, and tactics of the organization.
- Develop in-house capabilities to support work performed at CROs.
- PhD in related discipline with 2+ years of industry or post-doctoral experience involving hands-on in vivo work with small animals.
- Extensive experience managing in vivo studies at CROs.
- Record of original research using in vivo models to study disease biology or biological therapeutics.
- Experience tracking antibody biodistribution in vivo, using techniques such as IHC and in vivo imaging.
- Knowledge and experience in PK/PD of protein therapeutics
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey results and scientific data to leaders, teams, academic collaborators, or partners.
- Excited to have a key role in in vivo sciences in the fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment of a small biotech.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.