Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-doseable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring Therapeutics is seeking a Research Associate to join the Translation team and support our pharmacology efforts. This experienced BS- or MS-level researcher will be responsible for performing a variety of laboratory procedures including formulation of reagents for in vivo use, analysis of blood and tissue samples, and assist the team in in vivo and ex vivo procedures. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform. The ideal candidate will have experience isolating DNA, RNA, and protein from blood and different types of tissues; developing and performing qPCR and RT-qPCR assays; and performing western blots and ELISAs. Experience in droplet digital PCR is preferred. We are searching for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working both with a team and independently on various aspects within the In Vivo Pharmacology team.
- Isolate DNA, RNA, and protein from blood and tissue.
- Develop, optimize, and run DNA, RNA, and protein assays on blood and tissue samples.
- Perform qPCR and RT-qPCR assays and analyze results
- Formulate and validate test articles for in vivo use.
- Assist in in vivo and ex vivo harvesting procedures in mice.
- Participate in experiment design and data analysis.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams, clearly documenting and communicating results (i.e., laboratory notebooks, presentations, writing reports).
- BS, MS or equivalent in a science program (e.g. pharmacology, molecular biology, etc.)
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a research laboratory setting. Industry experience preferred.
- Experience with DNA, RNA, and protein isolation from blood and tissue samples.
- Familiarity with qPCR, RT-qPCR, ddPCR, western blot, and ELISAs.
- Experience with tissue culture and assay development.
- Some animal handling experience.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated, curious, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.