Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-doseable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring Therapeutics is seeking a Research Associate to join the Translation team and support our pharmacology efforts. This experienced BS- or MS-level researcher will be responsible for performing a variety of in vivo procedures in mice including dosing through various routes of administration, performing bleeds, assisting in surgeries, performing euthanasia, and harvesting tissues. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform. The ideal candidate will have experience dosing animals via IP, IV, SC, and IM; bleeding mice; inducing anesthesia, and performing dissections and necropsies. We are searching for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working both with a team and independently on various aspects within the In Vivo Pharmacology team.
- Dose mice via multiple routes of administration.
- Monitor animals and keep track of bodyweights.
- Assist in ocular and cardiac surgical procedures.
- Image animals with IVIS and analyze data.
- Participate in experiment design and data analysis.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams, clearly documenting and communicating results (i.e., laboratory notebooks, presentations, writing reports).
- BS, MS or equivalent in a science program (e.g. pharmacology, molecular biology, etc.)
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a research laboratory setting. Industry experience preferred.
- Experience with animal handling, IP, SC, and IV injections.
- Experience with blood collection, euthanasia, dissection, and necropsy.
- Familiarity with IM injections, anesthesia (Isoflurane and Ketamine), and surgical preparation.
- Familiarity with IVIS imaging and analysis.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated, curious, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.