Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. LARONDE has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is seeking a Director of High Throughput Pharmacology functional area within Platform Group to build and provide leadership for a team focusing on design and implementation of high throughput screening of large RNA constructs. The candidate will develop and lead implementation of strategies and assays toward characterizing eRNA using cell and biochemical assays in a high throughput format, building understanding of eRNA pharmacology and the effects of construct and process design elements on translation. The candidate will interface and collaborate with teams within therapeutics area research, discovery biology, and manufacturing groups to advance platform research and therapeutic area research programs. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform.
- Develop a team focused on high throughput approaches to characterizing eRNA in vitro pharmacology
- Lead design and execution of cellular and biochemical assays to drive real time decision making with rapid and high quality data in support of Laronde objectives
- Interface closely with computational molecular biology scientists to drive understanding of eRNA structure effects on stability and translation
- Interface closely with research, preclinical manufacturing and automation teams to ensure timely characterization of preclinical pipeline constructs
- Provide scientific leadership by coordinating activities with teams across diverse backgrounds
- Oversee and provide scientific direction to multiple direct reports
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature, attending conferences, and developing relationships with thought leaders
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific vision of the company
- PhD+ 7 years relevant experience, MS+12 years industry experience or equivalent in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field
- In depth expertise with cellular and biochemical assays and applications to high throughput screening
- In depth experience with characterizing nucleic acid modalities in cell and cell free assays utilizing various transfection and electroporation techniques
- Experience with translational RNA assays and characterization of mRNA is desired
- Experience in the application of automation tools to HTP assays is desired
- 5-10 years of experience developing technology platforms for therapeutic programs in industry
- Experience with developing strategic timelines and executing successful on corporate goals
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Strong management experience and success in developing a scientific team and program