Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first redosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
The position of Staff Accountant will play a central role in preparing and directing day-day accounting activities, including Accounts Payable (AP), related General Ledger (GL) reconciliations and entries as well as Payroll preparation and other ad-hoc reporting. The position will increasingly contribute to the month close process and be asked to problem solve internally with Ring staff and externally with our Vendors to ensure accurate and complete accounting records. This is a unique opportunity to be the first Accountant hire, reporting directly to the Accounting manager, within a rapidly growing biotechnology company with cutting-edge, proprietary technology. This position will be based in the Cambridge, MA offices, with the possibility of a hybrid work-from-home arrangement of 1-3 days per week based on candidate and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter all AP invoices, performing a 3-way match within purchasing software by verifying invoices against purchase orders and related packing slips;
- Obtain required invoice approvals from management;
- Monitor and manage the AP shared e-mail inbox;
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues in an increasingly independent fashion;
- Ensure accuracy, and policy compliance for all expense reports by reviewing and processing employee expense reports;
- Prepare and self-review check runs prior to submission to the Accounting Manager;
- Prepare and issue 1099 forms at year end.
- Assist within ADP Workforce Now by entering new employees and ensuring that personal information is properly populated in a timely manner by new hires;
- Maintain personnel files including required onboarding documents, updates to employees pay, address, and benefit changes;
- Grow into a position to independently prepare bi-monthly payroll runs, ensuring accurate incorporation of one-off pay situations.
- Assist with preparing monthly close process including balance sheet reconciliations, cash reconciliations, and fixed asset accounting.
- Communicate with company personnel and vendors on a regular basis;
- Prepare certain ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis;
- Assist the team with execution of process changes and improvements;
- Participate and contribute positively to the Company culture.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in accounting or related field
- 1-4 years of experience in public accounting or private industry. Life sciences/biotech industry preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of accounting principles including US GAAP and relevant accounting and financial concepts and Sarbanes-Oxley;
- Skilled in Microsoft suite, particularly Excel;
- Experience with Accounting/ERP systems, Netsuite a plus;
- Experience with Purchasing systems including Prendio a plus;
- Professional in all job aspects, including verbal and written communication;
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment;
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member in a time sensitive environment with a positive attitude;
- Well organized, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.