Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking an Operations Associate to be an integral part of the laboratory operations team. The role will report and provide support to the Lab Operations Manager, largely pertaining to incoming/outgoing shipments, procurement, material storage/handling, and day-to-day laboratory maintenance as well as the operational tasks detailed below.
- Support on-going laboratory operations with a significant emphasis on receiving and opening packages, triage packages, inventory tracking and organizing various lab spaces and equipment
- Oversee facility operations and maintenance, including equipment maintenance, managing/tracking of biohazardous and chemical waste, gases, freezer monitoring and maintaining of overall lab organization and cleanliness
- Maintain operational and safe working environment and help enforce Tessera’s safety policies and good work practices
- Utilization of Good Documentation Practices in all record keeping
- Provide support function for the facilities organization by helping with moves, organization of common spaces, relocations and Tessera events
- May include cross training in additional functional areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a teachable spirit, interested in learning new processes, with an attention to detail and high level of responsibility and maturity
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Demonstrate a team-oriented style, strong work ethic, and professional conduct
- Willing to perform a variety of physically intensive tasks - able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Ability to problem solve and promote continuous improvement
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Proficiency in MS Office with data base/spreadsheet experience
- Experience in laboratory setting
- Knowledge and experience with biohazard regulations and material handling, including awareness of general industry and laboratory specific safety standards
- Certifications in DOT, RCRA, and IATA a plus
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.