Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Scientist will be responsible in designing, synthesizing and purifying oligonucleotides for research studies. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to discover novel and efficient ways to synthesize oligos. Successful candidates will have solid knowledge and expertise in solid phase synthesis (SPS), purification and analysis of oligos.
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry plus 5+ years relevant industry experience, or a PhD in Organic Chemistry with 0-3 years academic postdoc or industry experience required.
- Experience with operating/troubleshooting instrumentation such as HPLC, LC-MS, UV/Vis, MerMade, Dr. Oligo, AKTA Oligo Pilot synthesizers
- Excellent knowledge and thorough understanding of SPS and purification of oligos (IEX/RP HPLC)
- Good skills in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Chemdraw, and SciFinder
- Good written, communication and presentation skills
- An independent and creative thinker, with attention to detail and enthusiasm to contribute ideas
- Ability to work efficiently within a dynamic team and/or independently under aggressive timeliness are required
- Experience in oligonucleotide synthesis
- Industry experience
- Knowledge in nucleoside/nucleotide chemistry
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.