What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking an experienced and talented, hands-on senior finance professional, and systems-thinker to take a Flagship start-up portfolio company to the next level. The Vice President of Finance will be a key member of the management team and a strategic finance business partner. This position will be responsible to implement policies and process to enable exponential growth of the company in addition to the day to day financial operations of the company including; month end closes, cash flow management, planning and budgeting, office administration and technology.
- Partner with the leadership team to understand critical scientific and operational decisions and the related financial impact
- Partner with the leadership team to create a long range plan, milestones and financial projections
- Create, maintain and track annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Manage cash flow vs financing needs and strategic scientific milestones
- Board of Directors financial presentations and corporate governance
- Oversee month end closes and reporting
- Build finance team to support accounts payable and payroll
- Management of lease, contracts, consulting agreements and other financial commitments
- Continually evaluate and drive improvements across finance operations
- Assist with specific projects and initiatives unique to a fast-growing biotechnology start-up, such as system implementations and updates and business process improvements
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- 10+ years of financial and accounting experience in the life sciences / biotechnology industry. Experience leading finance for a company through a successful IPO strongly preferred.
- BS/BA in accounting or finance; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Strong business acumen; proven ability to effectively scrutinize and challenge assumptions and interpret the strategy and priorities of the organization in financial terms
- Excellent project management / leadership skills with demonstrated track record and ability to engage teams to work together towards common deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills to deliver succinctly and effectively deliver recommendations to senior leaders; frames complex concepts
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.