Who We Are
Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate Biomedicines is seeking to expand the Research & Development team by recruiting a talented and adaptable Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to join the growing early discovery team within the Medicines department. The candidate will play a key role in the design, execution, and analysis of functional assays to evaluate Generate’s proprietary biomolecules. The ideal candidate will have experience in the development and execution of cell-based assays in high-throughput formats for a variety of programs that span across different disease models and therapeutic modalities. In addition to the design and execution of experiments, the candidate will be responsible for the analysis, interpretation, documentation, and presentation of findings. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where they will join a collaborative multi-disciplinary team. This is an exciting opportunity with high growth potential in a rapidly expanding company.
- Develop and execute high throughput screening assays to assess the function of Generate’s computationally designed protein-based therapeutics (multi-parameter flow cytometry, cytokine detection, reporter cell assays, ELISA, HTRF, etc.) across multiple projects.
- Participate in the development of novel methodologies and assay technologies.
- Collect, interpret, visualize, and present data in both internal and external R&D meetings.
- Partner with protein engineers, data scientists and machine learning engineers in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
- B.S. in biochemistry, immunology, bioengineering or a related area with 1+ years of academic or industry experience or M.S. with 0+ years of industry experience.
- Proficient with general mammalian cell culture techniques including maintaining primary/immortalized cells and transient transfection.
- Familiarity with cell-based and protein-based functional assays including multi-parameter flow cytometry and/or cell sorting, PBMC cultures, ELISAs, cytokine release, reporter cell assays, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to execute experiments, analyze data, and report conclusions.
- Must be flexible and willing to work across multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Experience in high throughput testing of protein-based therapeutics is a plus.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in computational methods and/or coding is a plus.