Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate with expertise in in vivo pharmacology. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing in vivo studies both independently and in collaboration with team members. The job responsibility includes but are not limited to test article administration, animal monitoring, blood sampling, and tissue harvesting. The candidate should be skilled in data analysis and generating study reports in collaboration with partner scientists.
- The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to execute in vivo studies
- Administer test articles, collect and deliver blood and tissues samples to bioanalytical group or ship to CRO in a timely manner
- Analyze data and generate reports in collaboration with partner scientists
- BS or MS with 3-5 years of experience in industry
- Extensive experience with in vivoanimal studies, including animal handling, performing routine injections including but not limited to intravenous injections in both neonatal and adult rodents, necropsy, collection of blood and tissues
- Experience working with genetic animal models and/or experience in isolation of primary hepatocytes is desired
- Experience doing partial hepatectomy or other small animal surgeries in rodents would be a plus
- Strong organizational, record keeping, and data documentation skills
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.