Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Scientist to join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing genetic animal models, as well as designing and executing in vivo studies including efficacy, tolerability, PK/PD, and biodistribution studies. They will lead studies from design through final data analysis and present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams at Tessera Therapeutics.
- Design, plan, and execute in vivo studies both internally or through CROs
- Using cutting-edge technologies and expertise to develop preclinical models of genetic diseases
- Lead in vivo studies in preclinical models both independently and collaboratively to meet project milestones
- Analyze and interpret data, generate reports, and present to multidisciplinary teams
- PhD in related filed with 1-3 year’s experience in industry or in a post-doc, or BS/MS with 8+ years of industry experience
- Experience in developing genetic animal models using contemporary methods (ie CRISPR)
- Hands on experience conducting efficacy, tolerability, PK/PD, and biodistribution studies
- Experience troubleshooting and establishing new in vivo techniques or procedures
- Experience with AAV or lipid nanoparticles, IV administration, and small animal surgery is desired
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology (NASDAQ: SANA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.