Toran Therapeutics is a privately held, early stage biotechnology company creating an unprecedented drug discovery platform around transporter proteins to discover novel therapeutics. As the molecular gateways of our bodies, transporters are responsible for the flux of all biomolecules into and out of all cells and organelles. As a generally untapped but druggable class of proteins, transporters have been ignored because they are notoriously difficult to work with. Toran is developing novel biological and technological solutions for transporter biology to treat a broad range of diseases.
Toran Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an institute dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with experience in molecular and cell biology to join our team of passionate and expert scientists. S/he will join an interdisciplinary team to advance both discovery biology and our transporter biology platform. We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented scientist with a passion for joining the exciting field of transporter biology to help us advance high-value therapeutic programs through the stages of drug discovery. S/he will be comfortable balancing multiple projects and enjoy working in a pioneering, fast-paced, and collaborative start-up environment, with the opportunity to make a large impact to advance Toran’s mission.
- Design, execute, and independently run biological and biochemical experiments, including analyzing and interpreting results and championing creativity and innovation
- Collaborate with senior researcher(s) to develop and execute existing and completely novel cell-based assays to identify, validate, and translate high-value targets in diverse clinical indications
- Explore, implement, and master new techniques and approaches to support discovery biology and our transporter biology platform
- Communicate ideas and results to internal and external parties in verbal, written, and presentation formats, when appropriate
- Contribute meaningfully to building a world-class transporter platform at the forefront of scientific innovation
- B.S. (with 2+ years’ experience), or M.S. in biology or related fields, with an emphasis on biochemistry, cell and molecular biology
- Demonstrated experience with mammalian cell culture and execution of biochemical assays
- Experience with molecular cloning, immunohistochemistry, and protein characterization is a plus
- Strong ability to analyze and communicate complex data sets and science in a clear and concise manner through written or oral communications
- Instinctive team player with excellent interpersonal skills and great attention to detail